In case the whole “About ‘Unknown Atheist’” widget thingie I painstakingly put on the main page isn’t enough info for you, here are a few other quick factoids (drawn from my first post).
• This is a site that represents a hodgepodge of various funny/interesting/thought-provoking things that catch my interest having to do with religion or having to do with not-religion.
• Your comments / thoughts / jokes / etc. are very much welcome. I or others may disagree with you, but you’re entitled to your opinions however great or lame it may be. (Same goes for the thoughts and especially the jokes.)
• I’ll also give important life advice when I can. For example, in multiple choice questionnaires, the answer to #17 is ALWAYS C.
• There are plenty of sites on the Intertubes dealing with freethought, atheism, secularism, skepticism, creationism, and other -isms (but not many -thoughts). As any good information-spewer does, I cite my sources so you can go back to the horse’s mouth and judge the information for yourself. Except for the multiple choice thing: Jesus told me that one in a vision last night.
• The name of this blog is in part inspired by the (in)famous comic simply known as The Unknown Comic, who starred on TV and in film in the 1970s and 1980s. He wears a paper bag over his head as part of his comedy schtick (whence the names “Unknown” and “Comic”). He still does occasional gigs these days.
Promotional Photo of the Unknown Comic, via Wikipedia
Here’s a YouTube video of some of his work. My decision to use of the name “Unknown Atheist” could be seen as a sort of homage (or “baggage”? see what I did there?) to him, but I originally came up with the name because, well, I’m an unknown atheist.
• The Unknown Comic eventually revealed his real identity as Murray Langston, a Canadian-American comedian. I am going to reveal something important about my identity: I am NOT Murray Langston. You could also say I am no Murray Langston. But there’s about a 7 billion to one chance that you’re not either, so we’re even then.
• I’m an equal-opportunity observer/reporter/mocker. I am an atheist and will mostly highlight things that put religionists in a bad/humorous light while lavishing non-theists with glowing praise and adulation (it’s a requirement of being a card-carrying member of The Atheism), but don’t be surprised if the tables get switches sometimes (and my card gets revoked).
• Please feel free to email me about pretty much anything. All complaints however should be directed to your favorite deity or on second thought, your least favorite deity. (You don’t want to annoy the hell out of your favorite one now, do you?)
• That’s “About” it. Hope you enjoy the site.